28 Jun Cyberattack: tips and solutions for complete protection
Protecting yourself properly from ransomware is essential but continuous updates and appropriate security measures are required.
In the last article (When WannaCry and the like are not a problem) we dealt with an extremely current issue that closely affects companies and enterprises around the world and those involved in preventing these threats with effective solutions from CyberSecurity.
Protecting oneself properly from such attacks is a fundamental process made of security measures and continuous updating, control and verification of their constant functioning.
Let’s take a look at a series of points to be respected to protect oneself from any kind of attack:
- Antivirus: installing it and keeping it constantly updated is as obvious as it is important;
- Do not run files or open emails whose origin is unknown;
- TCP Ports 445: if exposed to the external network, it is necessary to block them possibly with a NGFW (New Generation Firewall);
- Windows: it is the operating system that is most affected. Update it constantly with the latest security patches;
- The ransomware exploit a Windows vulnerability concerning the SMB (Server Message Block) protocol through an exploit called EternalBlue;
- Back up your critical files.
Naturally, to protect oneself properly, it is necessary to address those who, for professional reasons, have been involved in computer security for years and are able to offer complete solutions in terms of business-oriented CyberSecurity.
The T.net Italia Services Offer includes various security measures, applicable according to the individual case:
- Supply, installation and configuration of New Generation Firewalls (NGFW) calibrated for specific customer needs. The most common features are:
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Threat Detection
- DoS Protection
- Application Control
- Web Filtering
- SSL Inspetcion
– Security Assessment: Analysis of the customer’s infrastructure aimed at identifying any faults with relative reports and due corrections.
Preventing risks and damages for your business is a strong necessity for today’s professional realities, in order to avoid being in an unpleasant situation such as the following:
Protect your Business.
Request a custom-made estimate at firstname.lastname@example.org oor call the Toll Free Number 800 90 8000.